Young Living Raindrop Massage
A Young Living Raindrop Massage combines a unique, targeted technique with pure, authentic essential oils for a deeply harmonizing, rejuvenating, and relaxing experience.
This technique, developed by Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young, draws from his experience with Lakota wellness traditions and provides a natural means of nurturing harmony—physically, mentally, and emotionally.
What is Raindrop Technique®?
Raindrop Technique® involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. It uses a sequence of essential oils that help support the body’s natural defenses, as well as the body’s circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive, and nervous system.
Several modalities combine to form Raindrop Technique®:
- Aromatherapy– Raindrop technique uses eight single essential oils and two essential oil blends. It is consistent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
- Vita Flex Technique– Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body.
- Feather Stroking– This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
- Hot Towel Compress – After the oils and massage techniques are completed, the recipient enjoys on his or her back the soothing intense penetration of warmed towel compress for a period of eight to ten minutes. This heat helps encourage the circulation of the back and absorption of the essential oils in the body.
Which Young Living essential oils are used?
The principal oils used in the Young Living Raindrop Massage include:
- Valor (Fractionated Coconut Oil, Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense)
- Aroma Siez (Basil, Marjoram, Lavender, Peppermint, Cypress)
- White Angelica (Fractionated Coconut Oil, Myrrh, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Spruce, Rosewood, Coriander, Hyssop, Melissa, Rose, Angelica)
These oils contain natural properties known to boost stamina and energy, help the body relax, manage stress and promote overall health and vitality.
What are some of the benefits from a Raindrop session?
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique®. Here are just a few:
- Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
- Non-Manipulative Technique No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into harmony by opening energy flow throughout the body.
- Reduce Stress and Minor Anxiety Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
- Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation and Injury Thyme and Oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous, and other body systems. They are strong antioxidants.
- Eases Muscle Discomfort after Exercise Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort due to exercise will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils may reduce tension.
- Support Healthy Immune System Thyme and Oregano essential oils support a healthy immune system.
- Emotional Well Being and Release Essential oils effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer”.
- Help Detox the Body Systems The oils that are high in phenols may cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance cleansing of the body.
How long does a Raindrop session last?
The whole process takes about 75 minutes and may continue to work for several days as the healing and balancing process takes place.
What can I expect after a session?
Many recipients feel the benefits of the oils for several day afterwards, as they recognize that pain has decreased or is completely gone, have more mobility, and experience an overall feeling of peace and a renewed zest for life.
How often should a Raindrop session be received?
Experiencing the wonderful results of a first time Raindrop application does not mean that all the benefits might be realized. One Raindrop session might be just a time to balance and relax the body. Some individuals may feel they want to have Raindrop once a week, once a month, or every three to four months.
It is important to recognize that a healthy body is not attained by doing just one thing. The body’s health is supported by one’s care for their soul, cultivating a relationship with God, regular movement of the body, proper diet of food and ideas, respectful loving relationships, and sufficient rest.
Health is influenced by everything we say, see, do, hear, and eat. The Raindrop Technique is only one tool to help restore balance in the body that aids in supporting good health.
Are there any side effects?
Because the Raindrop Technique® encourages detoxification of the body, someone may experience some mild side effects. Others may feel relaxed, have heightened awareness or may feel peaceful. The best advice is to drink plenty of water before and after a session.
Sounds great but…is there any validation of this technique?
David Stewart, the Founder of the Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education (CARE), published a book entitled The Statistical Validation of the Raindrop Technique. It is based on the results of a questionnaire where over 400 massage therapists, chiropractors, Raindrop Facilitators and others responded who used the technique.
The results of the questionnaire reflected the following:
- 97% of the clients receiving Raindrop felt that it was a positive experience
- 99% said they would have another session
- Approximately 90% felt their improved well-being
- 86% felt their emotional feeling improved